Monday 31 May 2021

May 31, 2021

Bank Holiday Monday. What was I doing on Bank Holiday Monday 2020? Let's consult the diary!

Just when you think this sneering bunch of feculent shits can't get any worse, they actually actually do - we are now in the realms of Trump and Brazil. It wasn't just the chilling cold-hearted arrogance of Cummings' behaviour and his sneering contempt for the journalists who pulled him up on it, it was the lies, and the Prime Minister's lies in defence of the lies, the sheer dishonour of all involved, and now today all the toadies are out in force lining up to say it's all fine and justified. 

It makes me feel sick. I cried last night reading countless tweets from people unable to go to a loved one's funeral, or go to an elderly parent who was lonely and afraid. This just goes on getting worse and worse. How can anyone begin to think it's ok to drive 250 miles up a motorway with your kid in the car when you have coronavirus not once but several times and then visit beauty spots while you're up there? How are they looking people in the eye and saying that it wasn't against the rules, the same rules millions of other people have been following at considerable personal cost? I can't even think about this - it makes me too angry. They are all disgusting human beings.

Amazeballs, I've written pretty much exactly the same thing every day since!

On a happier note, last Bank Holiday Monday it was warm enough to sleep outside on the balcony, I found out a niece was pregnant, and I was enjoying dipping into a memory bank of places travelled to counteract the tedium of only leaving the house once a week to dash to Tesco.

I also asked, "is there some autistic commune somewhere I can go and live where I don't have to think about all the neurotypical shit?" - another evergreen sentiment.

This year, I walked round the lake very early to avoid the crowds, ordered a copy of the new Teatles book and wrote what might become a short piece for a future issue at the urging of its editor, and even managed a few hundred more words of the essay.

Ever felt bad about momentarily disturbing a sleeping goose with your stupid photography habit? I have:


 Today's Photo: Tree-mendous



No comments: