Thursday 6 May 2021

May 6, 2021

The Bristol Channel looked splendid this morning: 


I drove to Penarth straight from work to buy a birthday present, and while I was there I thoroughly investigated all the charity shops, and also sat down to eat a cooked breakfast in a cafe for the first time in eleventy hundred years:

 
The sheer, crazy joy of being able to do normal things again is making my head spin.
 
Today's weirdest charity shop purchase was a glove puppet by the way.
 
Here's a quick links round up so I can close some tabs:
 
A Report From The After Times - Laurie Penny nailing it as usual.
 
Get To Know Your Japanese Bathroom Ghosts - there's only a spider in mine (I hope).
 
Hail car-park king Gareth Wild - this man decided to park in a different spot at his local supermarket car park until he had parked in them all and it took him six years and he created a spreadsheet to keep track of it and I think I'm in love.
 
Colourised film shows London during WW2 - IanVisits being brilliant again. I haven't watched this yet but when I do, as ever I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for my mum who lived in Highgate and worked for HMSO throughout the war.

Thames Path Walk 2020 - I found this charming website via Twitter and can't wait to read it. I did the Path in the same direction as John a few years ago so love hearing about other people's adventures.

From Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga - I can't resist a juicy documentary and I can't resist Star Wars, but only the first one. I went to see it three times at the ABC in Chatham when it came out. The Harrison Ford factor then led me to see Raiders of the Lost Ark eleven times. Queuing up that hill was one of the most exciting experiences of my formative years.
 
 

Looking for a photo to illustrate the haircut yesterday led me to a whole new and wonderful world of afghan hound hairstyles:
 



 
This is but a selection - I collected a whole folder's worth. It was possibly the most rewarding image search I've ever done.
 
Today's Photo: You Were Only Waiting For This Moment To Arise




No comments: