Tuesday 4 May 2021

May 4, 2021

A minor crisis at work this morning, where I arrived to double the normal workload due to weekend plus bank holiday, the same two hours to do it in, and this message when I logged on:

YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DISABLED. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR.

Oh good! 

I thought I handled it with aplomb - logging in with my other account so I could email the IT helpdesk, the boss, the on-site IT guy, the receptionist, the colleague who takes over from me at 10am, another person I know vaguely who worked in IT the last time I spoke to them but might not anymore, and anyone else I could think of. 

Staying calm, fatalistic even, cool under pressure, with only slight anxiety that I'd just typed in the wrong username, or password, or had missed something else blindly obvious that would explain this mystifying turn of events.

Waiting patiently for somebody - anybody - to reply to my emails.

Then emailing the boss again because why not.

(I should point out here I work on my own in what is basically a cupboard with a PC in it. My 'office' is a long way away from where everybody else is. There's no phone. Even if there was a phone I wouldn't use it; I'm autistic.)

In the end I wandered up to reception just for something to do.

"You sound like you're on speed," the receptionist said, so maybe I wasn't as calm as I thought.

The problem was rectified by the person I know vaguely twenty minutes before I was due to go home, so I left almost all the work for my colleague to do. That'll learn him.

The rest of the day was equally speedy. I got ten things crossed off the To Do list, cooked a proper dinner from scratch and even got a walk in.

I thought I saw my magpie on the rec:

It certainly didn't like being papped:

Dinner was Marmite Spaghetti. If you haven't tried this you definitely should (unless you hate Marmite of course):

It's basically butter, with added mushrooms, cavolo nero, spaghetti, parmesan, black pepper and a teaspoon of Marmite, and a bit of the pasta water to dilute the butter.

I would've thrown some wild garlic in there too if I'd had any.

Purists do without the mushrooms and cavolo nero - I add these to make it 'healthy'.

Delish.

Today's Photo: Patriot



No comments: