Tuesday 25 May 2021

May 25, 2021

Among other things, I'm learning about kinship groups at the moment ("the family" is a cultural construct, folks), so this Guardian article was an interesting read:

At a time of crisis, I had no support network. So I made my own

As was this one:  'I was sleeping in laybys': the people who have spent the pandemic living in vans - because there but for the grace of God go I.

Living in a van used to be the dream when I was scruffing it around New Zealand, but here in the UK it feels more like a terrifying inevitability for someone like me who's never really got their ADHD head around stability or financial management and is now middle aged so highly unemployable.

Speaking of messy heads and the demands of real life ("work" is a cultural construct, folks) I've read a couple of New Yorker articles on burnout that I'll bookmark here:

China's "involuted" generation

Burnout: modern affliction or human condition?

Anyway, let's not think about these things just before bedtime. Happy thoughts only please.

I went for a walk after dinner to see the super flower blood moon. Here it is:

I didn't stand on a boat, mostly because it was full of rainwater:

While there was a plethora of swans up at the lake, I didn't see my cygnet buddies:

And how about this for a lush flower:

It was still light at half past nine.

Roll on summer.

Today's Photo: Raindrops on a Plastic Bench




No comments: