Wednesday 12 May 2021

May 12, 2021

The low mood's come back. It's probably a combination of new module anxiety and shitty weather.

Although it's more likely to be down to the fact I have some big life decisions looming now it's nearly the end of the academic year.

Do I quit the course in June, or not? Go back to the job I don't like in September, or not? Or chuck it ALL in, blow everything out of the water and do something else entirely, or not? 

It feels too daunting to think about. Because I know what the answer is.

I'm just too chickenshit to do it.

I dreamed this morning of a fire sweeping through the town I lived in. Watching from an upstairs window, I knew my lovely home would not escape the inferno - the house next door was already ablaze. I calmly packed a bag - despite the emergency, I didn't feel worried or rushed, only sad that this was it, the inevitable was happening. The next morning, surveying the burnt-out ruins of the building, I was amazed to see treasures exposed in the ashes; huge cathedral-like arches with decorative pillars, and a row of beautiful vases and precious ornaments perched on top. 

Hi, subconscious, thanks for the input.

Restless all day, eventually I drove out to the Bendricks for another attempt at locating the dinosaur footprints.

I still couldn't find them but I did hear a lark and a cuckoo, and I discovered a dead squid and whatever this is:

A person upset by a dreary year, who's longing for distant shores, might well try to convince themselves it sounded a bit like the Huka Falls, if they shut their eyes and suspended reality for a moment or two.

Today's Photo: Tentacles



No comments: