Tuesday 18 May 2021

May 18, 2021

I drove down to Newport Road straight from work to do some shopping because there was nowhere to park within half a mile of my house again and I'm getting fed up of driving round and round the block every morning looking for a space.

I spent 15 quid in big Cancer Research and another 15 quid in big Iceland and when I got home it occurred to me it would have been cheaper to buy a residents' parking permit.

Hey ho.

Then this happened:


Normality incoming! 

My student loan isn't going to last long at this rate.

I skipped off the afternoon lecture because if I'd wanted to know about 'the family in Ancient Rome' I would've signed up for a Classics degree*. I went for a stroll in the park instead.

I saw lots of robins, two crested grebes, a ton of fish in the brook and a jay whose presence was hugely bothering some blackbirds and blue tits:

Jays are normally very shy but this one didn't seem to mind being papped at all.

Today's Photo: Japanese Acer


* not strictly true. In a parallel universe I would find this lecture fascinating, but I seem to have slipped back into denial/anger/bargaining/depression as far as the degree is concerned, with the hope that acceptance comes along soon so I can hand in the final assignment on time.

(source unknown: nicked off the Twitter)

 

 

No comments: