Monday 3 May 2021

May 3, 2021

At close of play last night, I switched off the wifi, with the aim of a Bank Holiday Monday free from the distraction rectangle.

Success! I read 1.5 books, listened to music, wrote, drew, went through an entire library book rubbing out all the historic underlinings and margin notes so I can actually read it, played ukulele, did my postal vote and hung the poster:

Also used up all the unloved or wilting fridge left-overs for a healthy lunch:

Contents: falafel, cavolo nero, cucumber, capsicum, half-dead lettuce, the rest of the Jamie Oliver spelt (NB not the magpie portion; that remains on the windowsill. Maybe the rain will wash it away.)

There were tea and crumpets at strategic intervals too.

It amazes me how content I feel when the outside world doesn't intrude.

I've had to switch the router back on for this, of course. To follow: the Twitter/Graun eternal loop.

Today's Photo: Happiness Is


 

No comments: