Saturday 15 May 2021

May 15, 2021

For reasons unknown, I woke up this morning with The Clap Clap Sound playing in my head and it's been stuck there all day:

 
 
I first heard it on holiday in Spain in 1984 and, until today, haven't really thought about it since.

(Shocked to see this version's got 56 downvotes - you monsters!)

Also for reasons unknown, Blogger decided to delete yesterday's blog post the instant it published it, and then deleted the previous one too after I added one word - "nice" - saying both posts had violated their malware and viruses policy and were "deceptive".

Investigating this morning, my hunch was confirmed: it was just a glitch, and Blogger has since emailed - "We have re-evaluated the posts against Community Guidelines. Upon review, the posts have been reinstated."

(I think they spelled "sorry, we fucked up" wrong!)

Had a splendid walk into town this morning to look for birthday presents. I used to hate town and shopping, especially on a Saturday, but now visiting John Lewis and TK Maxx feels like an exotic treat. 

On the way back I pretended I was on holiday and stopped for an al fresco lunch at Brodies by the National Museum. It really cheered me up, even when it started raining:

Absolutely cannot wait for these doors to open again:

Today's Photo: Drinketh I Shall



No comments: