Sunday 2 May 2021

May 2, 2021

Got everything handed in by 2.30pm.

Then promptly went back to bed - it's been a harrowing few days.

Now a whole week of reading and relaxing! 

(Mustn't forget I've still got to go to work.)

I came across a wondrous Twitter thread this evening about The Wizard of Oz.

Someone who obviously studies these things mentioned that "Surrender Dorothy" in the sky-writing scene was actually telling the people of Emerald City to surrender Dorothy, rather than it being a menacing threat addressed to our kid.

It prompted a huge debate, mostly about commas, but also about other things.

Somebody noticed Toto is tied to the curtain when he's pulling it back to reveal the Wizard.

Somebody else's maths teacher finds the movie offensive:

There was a quality response about "I'm melting":


But my favourite reply was, "What I'd give to see this part in a crowded 1939 theater full of people who didn't know it was coming."


Oh yes. I still remember my reaction the first time I saw it. Actual, proper, magic.

Then I went down a Dark Side of the Rainbow rabbithole and now here I am, ready for bed again at 10pm and the only photo I've taken all day was one of a cucumber, just now, expressly for the purposes of this blog.

Today's Photo: Cucumber Express



No comments: