Saturday 1 May 2021

May 1, 2021

New month, new 'cat and books':

Was up bright and early to start work on the last few bits I needed to do for the module assessment.

The To Do list:

1. Write one 400-word blog post
2. Tinker with WordPress, get it looking nice

No.1 was done by lunchtime, including research. No.2 I have only just finished now (11pm).

WordPress is... not like Blogger. 

I'm a simple soul; I hate complexity. WordPress is fiddly

But on the plus side, I sort of know how to use it now and I'm delighted I paid £9k for this to happen. < /s >

At one point I noticed I was flagging. That was around 4.30pm. I'd worked a full 8-hour day without stopping for lunch because, to be fair, trying to understand the arcane mysteries of WordPress is pretty engrossing.

Quickly made my lovely potato salad recipe and got it in my face:

Two hard-boiled eggs, chopped into chunks
Boiled new potatoes, chopped into chunks
Chopped spring onions
Chopped gherkins
Capers
Salad cream to mix

Then back to finally tame the WordPress beast. All I need to do now is referencing and I am DONE.

A visit from the robin AND the magpie today; from WordPress Corner I managed to get a very hasty shot of my walnut-loving friend before it departed:

The only other exciting thing that happened was that as it's Beltane, sunlight is finally falling through my north-east facing window in the mornings to catch the crystal I've hung there. 

Along with wild garlic season and balcony season, rainbow season brings me great delight.

Today's Photo: Prismatic Colours On My Wall


No comments: