Sunday 30 May 2021

May 30, 2021

Getting nowhere with this essay, and I'm running out of time now - it's due on the 7th June and I honestly don't know how to write it.

Seriously considering just handing in my favourite bit of Song of the Open Road in lieu and then resigning:

From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines,
Going where I list, my own master total and absolute,
Listening to others, considering well what they say,
Pausing, searching, receiving, contemplating,
Gently, but with undeniable will, divesting myself of the holds that would hold me.
I inhale great draughts of space,
The east and the west are mine, and the north and the south are mine. 
 
While it is true that this would mean I would whimper no more, postpone no more, and be done with indoor complaints, libraries, and querulous criticisms, doing that would take courage and I left what courage I had back in New Zealand.

Had to nip out to the Post Office and it was warm and sunny out there. Oh, the joy. 
 
Saw an excellent yarnbomb on the way:
 

 I was the person shouting "keep still!" at plants as they whipped about in the wind:


When I got home I allowed myself ten minutes mindless browsing while eating lunch, which paid dividends - Stewart Lee was on blistering form in the Graun, and at the bottom of the article was a bit saying rescheduled dates of his 2020 tour are now on sale, and long story short I got myself a hot date with Stewart Lee in February 2022, yeeha!
 
Today's Photo: Distant Dog



No comments: