Tuesday 11 May 2021

May 11, 2021

Everyone on Twitter is having a pop at David Hockney today for his, erm, artistic interpretation of the Piccadilly 

Circu 

 s London Underground roundel:


 Poor old Dave.

Speaking of mispronounced circuses, John Cleese tweeted that on this day in 1969, Monty Python was born. 

He asked, "What is your favourite sketch?" which is of course like trying to decide which is your favourite offspring or Beatles song.

While I love all the obvious ones, and all the less obvious ones, and all the others too, if forced at gunpoint to choose or at least narrow it down to a top fifteen, Bookshop would be high on the list:

It pre-dates Python, being first perfomed on air in 1967 by Cleese and Marty Feldman, so it never made the TV series, only an LP. 

An LP which I used to play over, and over, and over, and over.

I didn't come across gannets until I moved to New Zealand in my 30s and when I did, I have to admit I looked at them askance.

It's day two of the final module. Yesterday's lecture was a scream, owing to the fact it was anthropology, taught by the brilliant anthropology tutor.

Today's lecture sent me to sleep within 20 minutes. It was three hours of religious studies taught by a historian. In the words of Herbert Anchovy, it was dull, dull, dull, my god it was dull.

It's a free day tomorrow, but we've got him for another three hours of the same on Thursday. Yay.


 Today's Photo: Wet Seagull



No comments: