Friday 30 April 2021

April 30, 2021

Nipped out to get bread, milk and bananas; came home with bread, milk, bananas and a giant framed poster of the Wizard of Oz:


As you do. 

This is the sort of thing that happens when you live near lots of charity shops.

On the way I also got slobbered on and slightly chewed by a sleek and silky excitable four month old black labrador puppy I met on the street, which was obviously excellent, so all in all it was a very good excursion.

I don't have that much wall space here in this tiny bedsit, so now I need to work out what to do with the poster. The guitar might have to go:

I'm still trying to process this afternoon's online presentation, so maybe I'll write about it tomorrow when the trauma's worn off. I attempted to answer a question from the audience at the end of it and the horror of my fumbled, defensive, incoherent reply will give me sleepless nights for the next few decades.

As soon as I managed to stop staring at the wall endlessly replaying the exchange and coming up with the several million brilliant things I should've said, I went to the park, trying to walk the cortisol out of my body:

I'm glad I did, as I saw my first swallow of 2021 hunting for insects over the lake in the fading light.

The swallows are back.

This fills me with hope.

Onwards.

Today's Photo: Rhododendron


No comments: