Saturday 17 April 2021

April 17, 2021


What a difference a day makes - the tree outside is burgeoning.

Last night I was so exhausted after another university hell day I ordered food from Just Eats, rammed it into my face and then went to bed. It was still light outside. No matter.

Today I was overcome by a desire to stay in bed and watch DVDs. I worked my way through Mona Lisa Smile, American Graffiti, the Making of American Graffiti (78 mins), and Milton Jones: Lion Whisperer Live. These can now be returned to the charity shop. Next up is The Inbetweeners - series one of the TV series, not the film - which I will wash down with curry and beer in true British fashion.

Maybe when I've watched that I might start tucking in to the delicious feast I found on YouTube - Idler's A Drink With series. Chris Difford! Ruby Wax! David Graeber! Stewart Lee! And Michael Palin will be along soon. What a treat. Sure is nice being idle.

My magpie neighbours now come and brazenly gorge themselves on the nuts and seeds I put out on the windowsill while I am just the other side of the glass. This is wonderful but they reward me for the snacks by pooping everywhere.

Most popular: walnuts. Least popular: sesame seeds. You live and learn.

Today's Photo: The Thanks I Get



No comments: