Tuesday 20 April 2021

April 20, 2021

In a charity shop this morning I spotted Douglas Adams' Life, The Universe and Everything shelved under History:


This was just as good as the time I found On Chesil Beach in a Travel section. I love stumbling upon people's best guesses on the bookshelves of charity shops.

The crowning glory of misshelves has to go to my local public library, though, which has catalogued When The Professor Got Stuck In The Snow as Biography. The closing stages of that merry tale has Richard Dawkins hijacking a tank, which should be true but as far as I know, isn't.

I really love these bright warm days too. They make starting work at 7.45am a delight. It's so nice to stroll around the site in the sunshine, hearing nothing but birdsong, and do your job and go home (or to the charity shop) before most people have arrived.

Today's Photo: Workplace View


No comments: