Tuesday 13 April 2021

April 13, 2021

Not the best mental health day today. I pretended university didn't exist, and concentrated on getting through the hours as gently as possible instead.

Some minor key highlights:

A helicopter landed on the rec again. That's twice in one year now. You wait for ages and then they all come along etc etc.

A herring gull arrived to have a look at the food I leave out on the windowsill for the robin and magpie neighbours, and the magpie came and chased it off. I love that it felt proprietorial - that means we're friends now.

It cost £30 to send a small parcel of very belated Christmas gifts to a friend in New Zealand. I was just glad I'd finally summoned the energy to wrap and post them and write a little note to go inside. Sorry Matt but I've barely been functioning since about July. It's a lockdown thing - be extremely grateful you don't understand.

I went in a shop that wasn't a supermarket just because I could but I didn't buy anything.

Then I went in a shop that was a supermarket and bought a Wellwoman MAX vitabiotics triple pack and some chocolate and a pack of ten black biros.

Then to wrap it all up, another evening walk to watch the last light fade from the sky.

Tomorrow is another day.

Today's Photo: "If we winter this one out, we can summer anywhere."



No comments: