Saturday 10 April 2021

April 10, 2021

Receiving The Teatles book no.8 in the post this morning set me up for the day:

It's from an account I found on Twitter only recently, when I unfollowed all the political tweeps and replaced them with Beatles and cats for the sake of my mental health. Just look at the postcard that came with it! It went straight in a frame:


 
 
I've been burned by fan club fare in the past, but this was so brilliant I need all the back issues now. 
 
It inspired me to dig out the vinyl and give it a spin:
 

(Yes that is just Beatles - I keep the other vinyl at a respectful distance.)

Because life felt happy and normal for once, I got loads of other housework and admin stuff done too, not least a ton of shredding: old lecture and essay notes, receipts from online book purchases, a million letters from SSE begging me to get a smart meter. A diary of the year. 

If The Beatles are at the pinnacle of the 'things that make me happy' list, shredding old paperwork is at least in the top five.

Today's Photo: Most Satisfactory



No comments: