Sunday 18 April 2021

April 18, 2021

OK so I haven't left the flat all weekend, but on the plus side I feel much less anxious and I also got a little work done.

Wide awake before dawn, even before the birds started singing, I got stuck into some university reading I wanted to do.

Putting the light on I think disturbed the robin, because it started shouting a moment later, and then when the sun came up properly I caught it giving me a filthy look.

Later I did an inventory of my stockpiled food. This is food I've hoarded not just for lockdowns one, two and three, but also for the various Brexit deadlines over the years. Quite a lot of it is out of date now, but it's all in tins so hey.

I then caught up with more uni reading, and watched the tutorial I missed in favour of sitting by the river on Thursday. It was about doing fieldwork, and one of the tips the absolutely stellar anthropology tutor gave us was about how not to get in your own way. If you're shy, design a project that won't be hampered by your shyness; if you're a lazy bastard, design a project that a lazy bastard can manage, she said, and this is why we love her.

I now have to do a mini 'backyard anthropology' project of my choosing, and report back next Thursday. Hmm. This could be hard when I hate leaving the house. Design a project that would suit a pathologically avoidant autistic hermit?

Then I made a curry from scratch, using one of my 14 expired tins of chopped tomatos, the ancient spice stockpile, some half-dead mushrooms and categorically defunct spinach, a tin of jackfruit that I bought on a whim in 2019, a can of coconut milk that should by rights be in a museum not in my dinner, and do you know what? It's great.

Today's Photo: Draw Your Curtains You Freak


 

No comments: