Thursday 22 April 2021

April 22, 2021

Cheating a bit by writing this on the 23rd and backdating it - last night, after a blissful day in the sunshine, I went to bed for a pre-dinner "nap" at 7.15pm and didn't resurface until the alarm went off this morning.

Anyway, yes, I spent the day mostly taking pictures of bluebells and blossom, judging by my camera roll:


Also spent some time working on the eternal problem of trying to get a satisfactory photo of a tufted duck:

At the lake, a wren posed nicely for me, there were ducklings, and a bunch of sleepy goslings:

I overheard a teenage boy say about the goslings, "They're just at that age where they stop being cute." Oh the irony.

It was a lovely day and the views were glorious; the park didn't feel too crowded either, which made it even nicer:


Best of all I collected my first lot of wild garlic from the wildwood. A bit later than usual this year due to lingering lockdown anxiety, but I hereby declare Weasel's wild garlic season open!


Got to love a bit of free salad.

Today's Photo: The Girl With The Buttercup Eyes



No comments: