Monday 19 April 2021

April 19, 2021

Did get out for a walk in the end last night:

 
Bat o'clock is the best time of day.
 
(They just tarted up the lighthouse with a fresh coat of paint and lights all over it but for some reason they can't make it show the right time?)
 
Went back to work this morning after a three week break. It was nice to be there. I enjoy the work, the site is quiet, and it's a solo role so nobody bothers me. I feel very lucky to have a job I don't actively dread (I've had too many of those) and, even better, I get university holidays off.

The rest of the day was taken up with lectures, tutorials, study meetings and workshops. One of the tasks for this module is to write a blog post about climate change for a target audience of 14-16 year olds. 
 
While trying to find out what a GCSE student might already know, I discovered that teenagers nowadays are far better educated than I was at their age and, indeed, than I am now. BBC Bitesize is amazing and I've learned about things I've never heard of before, like Quaternary Periods and Milankovitch cycles and Coriolis forces and Ferrel cells. 
 
Pretty sure that during Geography lessons back in the day we just traced maps of Norway, and in Science, just bullied the teacher.

Meanwhile the cactus that flowers every year has started to do its thing:

This makes me feel very summery; and what's not to like about that.

Today's Photo: Street Reflections



No comments: