Tuesday 27 April 2021

April 27, 2021

I've felt strangely in control of the uni work for about a week now, and I don't know whether to feel suspicious about this good feeling, or just enjoy the ride.

It's been a group work module, so the burden of patching together a 15 minute presentation - the horror task - has been shared between six of us.

Our first rehearsal was this morning. We're doing two slides each, and have to talk for 2 minutes. Rather than rely on notes, I wrote a script, timed it, honed it, practised it. So did the other mature student. The 18-year-olds winged it, one of them - the extrovert and thus our unofficial team leader - successfully. The other mostly shrieked, giggled and apologised. The usually silent girl ploughed through her bit awkwardly; I felt for her. The lone male on the team didn't turn up to the meeting.

Another rehearsal tomorrow where I'm sure all these minor problems will be smoothed out. 

I didn't feel that nervous today because it's a million times easier to talk to a powerpoint slide on a screen than to a roomful of people. We're also being marked individually for presenting and I'm happy with my bit so I don't give a shit what the others do. Hurrah!

The rest of the assessment is merely churning out four 400-word blog posts about what I've learned from doing a group work module, and writing a 1000-word essay about something I learned from the presentation.

The essay's so easy I've done it already. I've done two out of four blog posts; the deadline is Sunday and the hardest bit is dumbing it down to 400 words.

At 6.30pm, like a normal person with no university commitments, I went out for an enjoyable after-dinner stroll. 

I love this no-pressure vibe. Hope I can carry it into the next module.

If I can do that, maybe I will come back next year.

Today's Photo: Art Everywhere



No comments: