Monday 8 November 2021

November 8, 2021

Woke to a gorgeous streaky copper-burnished sky:

This was good. But it did not make up for the fact I'd had just two hours' sleep, thanks to noisy neighbours playing music from about 10.30pm until at least 4am when I finally dropped off.

Then, when I got to work, the usual Monday morning carnage was made a thousand times worse by my colleague being off sick, and Captain Chaos [not his real name] turning up. 

Trust me, Captain Chaos is not who you want to see first thing on a Monday morning.

Had to stay late to finish the work that my colleague would normally do (Captain Chaos did not assist with proceedings; he simply created an almighty mess then left me to deal with it). 

Just about made it through the morning lecture, then crawled back to bed.

Got up again at 3pm to get ready for the evening job.

Struggled to stay awake through the shift despite playing fun games like 'name a film with an occupation in the title' with the others.

("Is Wizard an occupation?" I asked. Wizard IS an occupation; the boss said so.) 

And here I am, and on it goes.

Someone very dear to me was 50 today. Happy birthday BK, you young whippersnapper. I miss you very much.

Today's Photo: Crosstown Traffic



No comments: