Saturday 13 November 2021

November 13, 2021

I'm in the despair phase of the assignment so to cheer myself up I revisited Jim's recent Twitter enquiry, 'What's the funniest thing that's ever happened?'

It's worth a look through the replies.

Things that render me helpless every time include:

I don't think they like each other:

(from Reddit - I've lost the link)

Fremony at the library:

There's a dog behind you:

I'm not a cat:

Ulrika's split second moment of glory in the Shooting Stars Q&B advert:

 
 Pretty much any scene from Green Wing featuring Michelle Gomez:
 

And this scene from Life of Brian which damn near killed me when I saw it for the first time. Fair to say this plot development was, um, unexpected:


But best of all was the time in the supermarket when my mum stretched up to get something off the top shelf, which caused her to let out an almighty fart just as a woman was reaching round behind her to get something from a lower shelf.
 
This memory is forty years old and still hilarious.
 
When I ran out of steam on the assignment I hauled my sorry arse up to the park for a de-stress and an ice cream, and found that someone had poured gold paint in the lake and a tree was tickling the moon:
 
 
It was lovely (if crowded) up there and I was so mesmerised by the light on the water I took a stim video of it:
 
 
I had to turn the video into a gif when I got home to eliminate the soundtrack of screaming kids and honking geese.
 
Today's Photo: Red
 

 

1 comment:

One Fine Weasel said...

How did I manage to leave Missing Missy off the funny list???
https://27bslash6.com/missy.html