Saturday 27 November 2021

November 27, 2021

Today was excellent. I didn't think about university at all.

Instead, I had a chill out morning, then lunch at a posh pub with my friend Sam and his girlfriend.

Then we took a quick detour on the way home to a farm shop purely to say hello to their on-site alpacas, pig, chickens and goats because absolutely why not.

After that, I went to the launderette and got all my laundry done. There was tons of it (I have an irrational hatred of going to the launderette so always delay it for as long as possible) and once it's dry I'm looking forward to having clothing choices again.

Another absolutely why not is I've decided I'm going to put my Christmas lights up tomorrow. 

Pre-pandemic, I used to get irritated by people starting Christmas in November:

But these days, with the pandemic seemingly going on forever, I'm more sanguine. Let's light up the dark days, haul out the sparkle, get in as much cheer as possible. Let's start now.

One great thing about my Christmas prep is I like to make a tinsel wreath every year. Here's last year's, hanging up in the December window (I got a religious advent calendar last year: went for one with a hare on it this time):

The magic ingredient in the wreath is it's traditionally made out of the (clean) cardboard base of a Sainsbury's takeaway pizza (thin crust = not greasy). I just cut away the inside until it's about the right thickness, then wrap the tinsel and some fairy lights round it.

Which means it's Advent Pizza Day tomorrow. Woo! It comes round faster every year.

Today's Photo: A Delightful Goat


 

No comments: