Thursday 11 November 2021

November 11, 2021

Another day, another charity shop.

Today I saw a book called something like The Totally Amazing Keto Diet Recipe Book For Fabulous Well Adjusted People

Flipping through it, I spotted a recipe that was basically fried kale with a tin of anchovies bunged in.

Cooking's a bore: I want to be in and out of the kitchen with as little time/effort expended as possible. Kale and anchovies sounded do-able.

There was probably more to it than that but I have ADHD and am very bad at reading to the bottom of a recipe. Having memorised the two key ingredients, I put the book back.

I'd picked the book up in the first place because I've been eating mostly crisps and hot cross buns since March 2020, and have recently taken to popping in to either Greggs or McDonalds after work at 10am to fortify me for the day's university-related toil ahead. Then I spent most of every single day including weekends sitting down staring at a screen. If I keep that shit up I'll be dead soon. 

So a totally amazing keto diet sounded like a good idea to me this morning, as I made my way to Greggs.

Tonight, promising myself health, improved dietary habits, immortality, I fried some kale then bunged in a tin of anchovies. Added some mushrooms too, just to be fancy. Cooked it until the kale got nice and crispy. 

Look at me and my totally amazing keto dinner! I thought.

It was so salty it burned the roof of my mouth off, and I needed a slice of bread to mop up all the delicious healthy salty keto grease.

Win some lose some.

Today's Photo: Cats Crossing


No comments: