Thursday 25 November 2021

November 25, 2021

As a postscript to yesterday's anthropology happening, it should be noted that when I asked her if she'd gone on to use her degree, she said, "No, I work in Tesco." This was not exactly the kind of motivational talk I needed to hear at the point in my studies where I'm not even sure if I want to go back after Christmas.

Anyway.

My flat has its back to the sun and I'm sure lack of exposure to natural light is what's causing me to routinely sleep through three alarms every morning and get to the morning job late.

I've basically been indoors since March 2020, so with no more lectures this year I'm trying to do One Hour Outside straight after work instead, to get my circadian rhythm back into some sort of working order. 

Yesterday it was up to the park and once round the lake; this morning I fancied walking by a river, so I did a bit of the Rhymney Trail and it was delicious:

There's something about being outside that makes time behave itself: minutes and hours stretch to accommodate whatever you're doing, whereas indoors hours slip by in a moment, and days (or months, in the case of 2020) are gone before you can grasp them.

I sat on a sun-drenched bench after strolling by the river and basked and let the sunlight warm me through; I even dozed off I think, and when I was done it still wasn't even half past eleven.

Today's Photo: Heaven Is A Place On Earth



No comments: