Friday 19 November 2021

November 19, 2021

Cause of Death: Microsoft Office.

I've spent all day trying to format the report that's due in on Sunday. It's been so stressful I honestly thought my heart would give out.

You know that bit in Run Lola Run where she just screams?

It's been like that, only without the big win and the promise of a new life at the end. 

I thought I was courting disaster with the last module. I'm really courting disaster with this one. I haven't even finished writing the report, let alone succeeded in formatting the damn thing.

The day didn't start well. A handyman who regularly wanders into my cupboard - sorry, office - for a chat in the mornings tested positive for Covid on Wednesday, and the manager only remembered to tell me after I'd found out third-hand and grumbled to the receptionist about not being notified.

This bloke is usually good at wearing a mask, but when I saw him on Tuesday he'd forgotten to put one on. And as usual, he made me belly laugh, which made him belly laugh, which meant lots of lovely viral droplets being expelled into a space with no ventilation. Rah.

Anyway after the receptionist had had a quiet word with the suit-wearers in the (actual) office upstairs I got a shit-eating email off my manager. She was "unaware that the handypersons came into your room when you were working when I risk assessed the situation."

Fuck those suit-wearing, box-ticking clowns. Fuck the UK Covid response. Fuck everything.

The good news is I've had such a shit month, to self-soothe I bought a kaleidoscope off eBay exactly like the one I used to have as a kid, and it arrived today.

It made me happy for about twenty seconds and then the novelty wore off, just like the original:


Today's Photo: Colour Drama At 3.45PM



No comments: