Saturday 6 November 2021

November 6, 2021

Because I'm investigating Make Space For Girls for my latest assignment, I went for a walk around Roath Rec this morning just to see what was going on out there as far as sport was concerned.

It was boys playing football from end to end. Seven games going on in total, taking up almost all the available space.

In a gap between soccer games there was a group of men wearing team kit doing something that looked like frisbee-rounders. Nearby, a handful of young women were doing something similar only without the kit. It looked like they were an offshoot of the men's group, and if I'd been a proper researcher I would've gone and asked them.

I saw one girl exercising alone, headphones on, her back to the football. Another sat on a bench, absorbed in her phone.

As far as girls went, that was it. 

Where are we? Why aren't we outside, taking up space like the lads do? 

(Rhetorical question: I know the answer.)

Today's Photo: Patriarchy FC


No comments: