Tuesday 8 June 2021

June 8, 2021

In honour of Pride Month, this morning I thought I'd try and locate each colour of the rainbow from the 2.5m x 1m outdoor space I laughingly refer to as my balcony, while I was out there sunning myself prior to commencing the essay procrastination.

From my eyrie, I spied:

Red. Plentiful. Every other car:

Orange. Slightly trickier. After waiting forever for a bus that never came, I went for the reliable belisha beacon:


Yellow. Also not as ubiquitous as you'd expect. Copped out in the end with this:

Green. Too easy. I live by a park. I also happened to have got breakfast from McDonalds on the way home from work:

Blue. Assisted by an Amazon van parking illegally in the bus stop:

Indigo. A neighbour's abandoned windowsill plant:

Violet. Violet was really tricky. I was going to give up on violet when I remembered the pansies in the garden next door. Cue shaky long distance zoom:

Mission accomplished; happy Pride Month everybody.

The essay? Don't ask. Here's a real-time picture of me writing it:

(Yoshitoshi Kanemaki — Wheel Calmato 2nd, 2016)

Today's Photo: Pink



No comments: