Sunday 27 June 2021

June 27, 2021

It's time for a long overdue bookmarking exercise. Here's a round up of things that caught my eye recently:

Ryan George's brilliant The First Guy To Ever videos:


This guy recreating artists' routines to see if they help with his own productivity and discovering that his hero was just a man:

A woman with no episodic memory. I may have already posted this. No irony intended.

Why autistics wander off. I've always been a big fan of wandering off, but had never connected it to being autistic. Reframing it as 'solitary foraging' is not only accurate but joyous.

An article on 'pandemic brain', and how 'soft fascination' can help.

Some oblique strategies and a reverse bucket list.

Howard Goodall's enjoyable analysis of Beatles music:

And here's Howard again with a thoughtful reflection on how music helps us through times of national crisis, written April 2020: "Something someone is writing will be the voice of our time, for all time."

A batshit crazy 18th century screed called The Whole Duty of a Woman.

A Long Walk Back To You - a woman walks from London to Oxford along the Thames Path to visit her brother's grave. I did something similar (Greenwich to source) to memorialise my mum.

Radio Lento - Blue Sky Empty Beach Low Tide (37 minutes of delicious seaside susurration).

No More Emails: Why I'm Walking From Lands End to John O'Groats. Okay but why do this uphill? I would definitely do it in the other direction.

A fantastic breakdown of the Odeon Covent Garden frieze by the always interesting Look Up London. I saw the world premiere of Eight Days A Week at the Odeon Covent Garden in September 2016 (i.e. the other day) and now I understand why it was there and not anywhere else:

A blog post about Seaham sea glass that makes me want to go to Seaham immediately.

Nick Cave being amazing again. His photos reminded me of something I saw in Reykjavik - the sign on the gate says 'Single Gloves Speed Dating':

Laziness Does Not Exist and a response, Finite Resources and the Absence of Laziness, by a splendid ADHDer.

Some more ADHD truth:

Some relatable Kleon:

And finally, to nantle, a verb to live by:

Today's Photo: Cheese and Kimchi FTW



No comments: