Saturday 5 June 2021

June 5, 2021

I was awake at 6am so I started reading academic papers.

By 10am I was done in.

So I caught some rainbows, sat in the sun a while, then took a nap:

After the nap I lay in bed playing phone sudoku. Somehow I managed to convince myself this was an integral part of essay writing - resting the brain and all that.

(It isn't.)

I got up and made lunch at about half past three.

Tried to read some more academic papers afterwards and couldn't, just couldn't. The words made my eyes close. So I gave up on studying, but instead of doing anything useful or interesting I played Spider Solitaire.

My Instant Gratification Monkey needs a good kick in its little monkey balls. 

On the plus side, I'm not being visited by the Panic Monster like I was for previous assignments.

On the minus side, by Tim Urban's account I'm in 'unlucky procrastinator' territory here:

And these are the lucky procrastinators—there are some who don’t even respond to the Panic Monster, and in the most desperate moments they end up running up the tree with the monkey, entering a state of self-annihilating shutdown.

A future conversation: "No, I never got a degree, but I'm quite good at sudoku."

Today's Photo: Happy Meal



No comments: