Thursday 17 June 2021

June 17, 2021

It's exactly six months to/from my birthday. Where does the time go.

Thankfully I was back to normal today and feeling much happier. After work I was able to slide into holiday mode with consumate ease:

To stop myself from getting stuck in a Twitter death spiral and wasting the whole day, I forced myself to stand up to get a glass of water from time to time. Then, instead of sitting back down, I'd use the momentum to do what I can only describe as pottering. 

In this way, I managed to do a bit of tidying, a bit of cleaning, a bit of laundry sorting-out, a bit of taking some books to the phone box library up the road, and all of the washing up.

And I'm as hydrated as hell FTW.

There's been a lovely thing going around Twitter today and yesterday - everybody sharing their stories about finding departed loved ones immortalised on Street View.

It made me have a look at the house I grew up in. It was sold in 2012 after Dad died. The new owners threw money at it and made it unrecognisable, but the Street View pic's from July 2012 so it's still as I remember it, only with that heartbreaking For Sale sign out front:

I lived there from 1968 to, basically, the last time I walked out the door before it was sold - no matter where I was in the world, it was always 'Home', and I'm still not entirely reconciled to its loss.

Today's Photo: Red Paint



No comments: