Saturday 26 June 2021

June 26, 2021

Every day for the last five or so (forty five?) years I've woken up with intentions, intentions to do stuff, best summarised by this tweet I saw today:

But you know what? Today was the day. I was finally going to tackle that clutter:

So I put some music on and got started. Did 5k steps just dancing around while doing housework; eat your heart out Joe Wicks.

Here is the 'after' picture:

What it doesn't reveal is that all the stuff on the floor in the first pic was just piled up on the bed and the sofa. And the desk remains obliterated by paper strata. But hey, at least the carpet got hoovered.

I also needed to hang a recent art acquisition, Bayeux Kicking Out Time by the magnificent @Jimllpaintit. Trouble is, the walls are made out of cardboard in this bedsit and picture hooks are in short supply. Had to juggle a few things round, but I found the perfect spot in the end - I think placement in the tiny kitchen alcove just adds to the Britishness:

The image:


It's perfect. Buy it and other wonders here.

Meanwhile outside the robin who lives in the magpies' tree sang sweetly all day.

Observing it through the zoom lens, I got a surprise. It's only got one leg?

I thought it must just be perching like that, but there was a gust of wind and it could barely stay upright.

The poor wee thing. I'm going to have to call it Tarzan now.

Anyway apart from the robin's misfortune it was a happy day, and wine o'clock came round fast.

Today's Photo: Cheers

 

 

 

No comments: