Tuesday 22 June 2021

June 22, 2021

Went to see some old friends today:


1. Margaret Hine, Goat 
2. Colin Reid, Glass
3. Claire Curneen, Blue Series
4. Sophie Woodrow, fox and antelope from Carningli, Owl, Amroth, Fox, Antelope 
 
I love these exhibits more than I have words for and before the pandemic would often nip into the museum when passing just to stare at them in wonder. 
 
It was very good to see them again. 

Having seen them, my heart was sated. It wasn't possible to go and stare in wonder at the various Impressionist paintings that also used to feature on my 'stare in wonder' itinerary because that gallery is currently closed for renovations. So I had to make do with Richard Burton and the beautiful is-it-or-isn't-it-Botticelli:
 

And after all that my brain was full, which left me not in the mood for the rest of the museum, especially after they charged me £4.50 for this:


So I marched through the natural history bit just to say hi to the woolly mammoth and the basking shark then got the hell out and let the sofa reclaim me.

Tomorrow is another day.

Today's Photo: Perfection


plus the very relatable face:
 



No comments: