Sunday 13 June 2021

June 13 2021

'Went' to a gig last night - Crowded House's From The Island concert, recorded in Auckland in March, was released as a livestream at 10pm yesterday. 

It was utterly, utterly brilliant and for two perfect hours I felt like Old Me, the human being, for the first time in years.

Because I was at home in PJs, I went a bit overboard with the dancing. I was basically this guy except without the huge crowd of supportive people:

It was all a bit good and exciting and Pineapple Head caused me to have some sort of out of body experience and I wasn't even drunk. 

I also went a bit funny when they did Bowie's Heroes as an encore. Oh my.

I'm slightly worried now that an online concert has set a benchmark that IRL concerts will never surpass, due to the freedom to do freaky dancing in pyjamas in the comfort of your own home, safe from the eyes of judgemental strangers.

Ah well. It's available until 20th June if you're interested.

This morning it was back to life, back to reality, back to this dumbass essay that I hate so much. To assist with concentration, I took one of the supposedly nootropic pills I ordered online from Boots midweek in a state of utter desperation, and it just gave me a headache. The scatterbrain restlessness and brainfog were even worse than usual, hey ho. It felt like my head was full of clouds.

(Ironically, the pills were delivered yesterday but I ignored the doorbell when it went as I was too engrossed in the essay.)

I gave myself until 9pm tonight to get to the requisite 4000 words. Did that. Just some fine tuning and the referencing to go now. It's superficial, boring, and it barely answers the question. Tough - deadline's 23:59 tomorrow and I cannot make myself care.

I have no concept of what life will be like after I've handed it in - possibly a vacuum. But at least I'll get to see daylight again.

Today's Photo: Desperate Measures


No comments: