Wednesday 23 June 2021

June 23, 2021

When I said I had something planned for every day this week, today was just the weekly video appointment with the NHS counsellor, which doesn't really count as 'an event'. But I love this down to earth, good natured lady and her hearty contempt for all things academic, and always feel better for having talked to her. 

The rest of the day went like this:

9:00am - refresh the link to see if my essay's been graded yet. It hasn't. 

9:30am - the essay remains ungraded.

10:00am - the essay remains ungraded.

11:00am - the essay remains ungraded.

12:00pm - the essay remains ungraded.

12:45pm - the essay remains ungraded.

2:00pm - the essay remains ungraded.

2:08pm - the essay remains ungraded.

2:45pm - the essay remains ungraded.

4:15pm - the essay remains ungraded.

5:10pm - the essay remains ungraded.

6:45pm - the essay remains ungraded.

It was handed in ten days ago; I think they're meant to get it back to you in under a week. I don't know what to think or feel or do so have fallen back on that good old reliable stalwart, anxiety-ridden catastrophising. 

Over the course of the year, I could never really settle while waiting for a mark to come in; my brain would keep zoning in on that and only that, so this time it's especially bad because this is the final essay and without that mark I don't know whether I passed the year or not.

6:54pm - the essay remains ungraded.

I try to think about other things, but, nah. So, same again tomorrow.

In bird news, I've had sparrows come visit. Sparrows are always welcome here. They seem to have moved into the magpies' tree as it's full of their noisy chattering, and I spied a pair on the lamp post outside this morning:

Another new visitor is a herring gull who wants the apricots I've left ripening on my side of the window. It keeps landing on the window ledge and trying to get at them, even though the window's shut. Eyeing them and then peck peck pecking at the glass. The daft twat.

Today's Photo: Non-Crystalline Transparent Amorphous Solids For The Win


 


No comments: