Monday 21 June 2021

June 21, 2021

Happy Solstice. There wasn't much sun today, and it was cold enough to wear a fleece, and so windy Roath Park lake had chop, but yay it's midsummer. Not long to go to Christmas!

</s>

After yesterday's descent into inertia, I made a real effort today. The first thing I did was book a ticket to visit the National Museum tomorrow. Then I booked a ticket for The Reason I Jump on Friday. 

Next I checked coach tickets to London. I could get there and back in a day for a tenner if I wanted. If I fancied staying longer, budget hotels in central London are dirt cheap on a Sunday night. 

But that's where my courage failed me. I couldn't make myself book the bus. 

It felt too huge, too scary. This from a person who regularly used to get the bus to London for no particular reason, just because she loves the buzz and missed the place. This from a person who used to think nothing of hopping on planes to explore new cities. This from a person who drove round Europe for a month on her own in a van in 2019 and was looking forward to doing the same again in 2020.

Small steps. I'll get there. At least I have something planned for every day this week now, to protect me from the sofa's siren call.

Spent the afternoon in the aforementioned cold and windy Roath Park, having lunch al fresco at the café (vegan sausage wrap & chunky chips = phenomenal) then enjoying a slow walk round the lake. It was pleasant to take my time and not feel rushed. Not working or being a student is great!

There were coot babies to look at:

And a very nice grebe:

And I admired a duck. Look at those colours!:

Then I sat on a bench by the rose garden and read a book and got hit on by squirrels:

It was a restorative afternoon. I'm much happier when I'm outside, even if it is freezing.

Today's Photo: Fibonacci Rose



No comments: