Monday 25 January 2021

January 25, 2021

Went to the park this morning straight after work, where I found a bit of a bird bonanza.

All the usual suspects, but also someone unexpected:

This guy was being hassled by jays, and then some crows came along to give him a hard time too.

He finally found refuge in this tree where he sat for a while pondering where his life had gone wrong.

Somebody said he was a harris hawk - an American import, so escaped from somewhere. He's been knocking around Cardiff since October. A woman showed me a photo on her phone of him in her mum's back garden eating a pigeon.

What an exciting morning.

Sadly, I lost all momentum after getting home. 

Couldn't do a thing except curl up and cry.

Some days lockdown's more or less tolerable, and other days it's beyond hard. I had nothing today: nothing to fight these horror-times with. I couldn't bear it.

Today's photo: Please Press For Assistance.

I wish.


No comments: