Thursday 14 January 2021

January 14, 2021

Went in The Range on the way home from work just to feel something.

I picked up a sketchpad and when I went to pay for it, the cashier suggested I might like to consider buying something like a bottle of water as well, because if the sketchpad wasn't accompanied by an 'essential' item, he wasn't allowed to sell it to me.

 

I obediently trotted off to find a bottle of water, and as I paid for my necessary unnecessary item and my unnecessary necessary item, the cashier and I shared a conspiratorial moment when he announced very clearly, possibly for the benefit of any passing supervisors, "So you came in here for a bottle of water, and then you saw the sketchpad and picked that up too," and I agreed loudly, "I did!" 

Human contact: you've got to take it where you find it these days.
 
Afterwards, a quick stroll through the park, seeing as the sun was shining. Most satisfactory.
 

Lectures after that, so all in all I've had very little time for idle browsing, and the list of things to bookmark/follow up contains only 10 of the best virtual travel experiences today.

Photo du jour: Your microphone is muted.



No comments: