Tuesday 19 January 2021

January 19, 2021

Today there were many things I wanted to look at that I didn't get time to look at.

Including:

1. The Day My Voice Broke

2. The Art of Dying

3. The Green Cleaner: 15 natural ways to spruce up your home

4. Paul McCartney's long-lost experimental Christmas mix-tape for the other Beatles

5. A plethora of cool online events hosted by Cardiff Science Festival - including a tour of the Large Hadron Collider!

6. Skeletonization

The stuff I did get time for:

1. The evening I discussed dish-washing with George Harrison

2. When people say, "We have made it through worse before"

3. 'Too negative!'

4. The Macca Archive on Twitter

5. This handy finch identification chart (c/o Yolo Birder):

Plus a tiny bit of studying, but not that much :(

I'm learning that I can't maintain my attention for an entire three-hour lecture. 

About halfway through, unless it's particularly riveting, I will lose the will to live. 

This manifests as irritation and fidgeting, which morphs into anger, and then my eyelids start drooping.

Towards the end today, I woke myself up snoring.

I'm so wiped out by trying to pay close attention for one long session I'm good for nothing afterwards. I need shorter sessions, I need to not to have to sit through lectures on topics I didn't sign up for, and more to the point, I need ADHD medication.

To get ADHD medication I need to be diagnosed by a psychiatrist, there are no short cuts. This is not a speedy process.

On the plus side, this week's lectures have confirmed my suspicion that archaeology is not my subject and I should never, ever, go down that road.

Photo du jour: Encounter.


 



No comments: