Sunday 24 January 2021

January 24, 2021

Was tempted to have another day like yesterday after seeing this Sunday flowchart on Twitter:

But my brain seemed to be functioning, so instead I spent the day catching up on the lectures I skipped last week because I was working on the essay, and even managed a bit of admin.

Consequently there's not much to report other than stuff I learned about mummies.

For example: the girl with the cool tattoos, Lady Dai, much weirdness in the Andes, and cannibalism for health.

Along the way I learned that in Roman times, “blood drunk hot from a gladiator’s wounds could cure epilepsy." Those crazy Italians!

Read a really good interview - Alistair Campbell and Sadiq Khan discussing mental health but mostly bitching about Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings. Good stuff.

On the subject of mental health, someone's uploaded a load of free books onto Google Docs. The link came via Twitter but I can't remember who posted it now.

It was a nice day but I didn't go out, just watched the world from my window. 

There was a smattering of snow but the playing field was still mostly green. Optimists out there with sledges nonetheless. I liked how the big puddle on the footpath attracted dogs and small children.

Today's photo: Deeper Than It Looks.




No comments: