Friday 22 January 2021

January 22, 2021

Had to scrape the inside of the windscreen this morning:

 

I have absolutely nothing else to report. 

After finishing work I went and mooched by the river again, to say hi to my robin pal and to soak up some sunshine, and then I went home and finished my essay.

Handed it in five hours ahead of deadline; felt very smug that I could've handed it in eight hours ahead of deadline; spent the rest of the evening having the horrors about all the things I failed to include and feeling certain I got the completely wrong end of the stick so the whole thing is a disaster zone and I'll be laughed out of town.

Ah well.

Twitter was mostly Brexit/Covid rage and Bernie's mittens memes today, but I did find another thread about ADHD that seemed to be addressed to me personally. When you grew up being told ADHD was a made-up thing for rowdy little boys it is both a comfort and a shock to discover it actually explains every single aspect of your entire omnishambles of a life.

The river, the robin, the sunshine, were good: calming and happy-making. I'm lucky to work so close to such a beautiful spot.

Today's photo: A River Runs Through It.


 

No comments: