Monday 11 January 2021

January 11, 2021

Online uni lectures resumed this afternoon, so today I didn't spend hours staring at Twitter, I spent hours staring at Teams. 

I learned that 12,000 years ago, a dead woman was buried with around 80 tortoise shells, various parts of cow and wild boar, a wing bone from a golden eagle, two marten skulls, a leopard’s pelvis, and a severed human foot. Fair enough.

Had time to get a walk in (and some groceries) before lectures started. Daylight! Shops! I'd forgotten what they were like.

Found some Spring in the park, that was nice:

Good stuff I saw online :

The BMJ laying into the government and media for their handling of lockdown.

A tweet from @BBCWorldService: "Mysterious miniature buildings have popped up on streets across Europe, built by mice for a secret organisation.

I am utterly unable to resist clickbait like that. More info - and wonderful photos - about AnonyMouse here and here.

An interview with Francie Schwartz, girlfriend of Paul McCartney in the interregnum between Jane and Linda. Despite publishing a book about her Beatle adventures in 1972, hers wasn't a name I'd come across before. 

I was charmed by the generosity of her descriptions of George and Yoko, and by the revelation Mr Lennon was a voracious consumer of Kellogg's cornflakes.

Today's photo: it's all good in my hood.



No comments: