Wednesday 10 March 2021

March 10, 2021

My excellent colleague Tom nailed it this morning when he listened to my essay woes and said, "It sounds like the problem is you're actually trying to answer the question."

That is EXACTLY what the problem was. I'd been tying myself up in knots earnestly trying to explain how have animals influenced human behaviour in 2000 words when the only possible way of tackling that is either with a single paragraph - "A LOT" - or writing about it for all eternity.

So I went home, stopped worrying about the things I was leaving out, wrote down whatever old bollocks more or less fitted the bill, stuck in a few words like 'ontology' and 'semiotics', and got the thing done.

Yay.

It doesn't have to be perfect; I'm a first year undergrad FFS.

Today's Photo: Welsh Dub


 

No comments: