Wednesday 3 February 2021

February 3, 2021

Insomnia kept me up half the night, insisting I acknowledge my every failure and shortcoming.

Thanks, insomnia.

On the plus side I was wide awake by 6am and out for a walk by 7.20.

The birdsong at that time was amazing, but it was drowned out by traffic noise.

Back home, I was enormously cheered by a Twitter thread celebrating Gene Kelly tapdancing on rollerskates:

He's the closest thing to an angel I've ever seen. 

The thread also contains clips of rollerskate tapdancing from Donald O'Connor and Fred & Ginger. It is impossible not to feel happier after watching them.

Other stuff: 

Creepy surveillance trees

Jason Lee's eerie photos of a deserted America (hey Crabman!)

A useful tool for furloughed people who are missing the office: It's As If You Were Doing Work

Went hunting in old bookmarks for the link to a DIY haircut YouTube tutorial that resulted in perfect layers circa 2014. Couldn't find it, but got to revisit these beauts:

Encool cool text generator (ℌ€¥ ℭяαßℳαᾔ‼)

The Make Everything OK button

Erato - Call Your Girlfriend:

And Beach Boys Unplugged, which remains the best thing on the internet:


 A bit worrying that about half of the things I clicked on were no longer there. The internet's not permanent, folks.

Today's photo: Have A Great Day.



No comments: