Wednesday 24 February 2021

February 24, 2021

Got down to the river after work for the first time in ages and this happened again:


I'd stopped to look at a jay high up in a tree and turned round to see my robin pal waiting expectantly on a branch right beside me.

Got a ton of open tabs again so spent time today trying to work through them. Highlights:

Watched a BBC documentary on The Fall:


which reminded me of this excellent tweet:

Loved Jill Mead's photos of a deserted London.

Loved Ballerina Kitty Phetla performing a rain dance:

The Joburg Ballet #BreakingBallet series looks amazing and I need to watch them all.

Loved this lad sitting there all ordinary then opening his throat and blowing my mind:

I've been in a room when someone has unexpectedly begun to sing like this and it's electrifying.

Loved this girl who's dressed up as someone famous every day to raise money for charity.

A powerful piece about Covid by paramedic Adam R Shannon broke my heart.

Also powerful: two articles from the BMJ, How can we hold political leaders accountable for failures in pandemics? and Covid-19: Social murder, they wrote - elected, unaccountable, and unrepentant.

On a lighter note, this piece about your internal monologue is fascinating - like the author, I just hear my own voice and never thought for an instant it could be different.

And on a lighter note still, Calvin and Hobbes is online. Yay!

That'll do for now.

Today's Photo: Spinxy



No comments: