Monday 15 February 2021

February 15, 2021

A day best summed up by its earworm:

Back to work, back to uni, back to the same old same old.

I haven't felt this normal since January 2020.

Went for a walk after lectures; that was nice.

Saw a black cat, a good crow, a big sky, a waxing moon, some excellent street art and a small boy trying to fly a home-made kite on the pavement outside his house despite there being no wind.

The kite was made out of a Tesco carrier bag and plastic straws and sellotape and string and I loved it and I loved that kid for making it, and for really wanting it to work, and for reminding me of myself when I was that age because I did things like that too.

In the gathering dark, I also enjoyed watching someone practising with an LED hula hoop on the rec.

It reminded me of summer.

I can't wait for the long days to return.

Today's photo: Spin That Thing



 

No comments: