Tuesday 23 February 2021

February 23, 2021

After a dismal day yesterday, today I tried to find ways to make myself feel happier.

I followed the advice of my study support person and wrote an affirmation to stick on my wall. I watched the two TED Talks she sent me, I read Cake and Inner Calm, I steered clear of politics and Twitter.

In the sidebar of the latter video, I saw a link to a guided meditation purporting to "release negative thoughts" - just the ticket.

Gave it a go but didn't get very far with it - there was a bit too much of having to imagine awe-inspiring vistas for my aphantasic brain to handle - but it did remind me that, during Experience Week at Findhorn, I experienced shamanic drumming meditation for the first time and for its duration I basically left the planet.

Leaving the planet feels like quite a good option at the moment, so I had a quick search of YouTube and turned up this 20 minute meditation, which proved most satisfactory:

I didn't leave the planet but I did rely on a giant turtle, dance on a paradise beach and turn into fire, so that was nice.

Today's Photo: 7am Pillow View 




No comments: