Sunday 5 December 2021

December 5, 2021

I tore myself away from the screens this afternoon and walked into town. I was curious to see:

b) the Christmas lights
c) if there were any Christmas shopping opportunities, even though I hate going in shops even not during a pandemic
and
d) how busy it'd be, bearing in mind there's a new, super-transmissable variant.

I was kind of expecting it to be like it was on Saturday 14 March 2020, with barely a soul about. This was the M&S cafe on Queen Street that afternoon - I guess all the usual customers were elsewhere bulk-buying toilet roll:

More fool me. Town was packed and I've never heard so many coughing children.

The statue was worth a look and the Christmas lights in the castle grounds were freaky but interesting, with an Alice in Wonderland theme:

I didn't go into the proper Christmas bit in Bute Park because I think twenty quid to see some lights strapped to a tree is a bit steep and also when did it cost £1.75 to deliver an e-ticket? Thieves.

There were no Christmas presents to be found, although to be fair I did only go into one small, narrow shop and then get out again as quickly as I could. 

Back to the online shopping.

Today's Photo: Marge



No comments: