Wednesday 15 December 2021

December 15, 2021

Got the booster jab tonight. It was a Moderna, so I now have the words 'funky cold Moderna' stuck in my head because that's the kind of stupid thing my brain does.


Felt really low afterwards - had a little cry in the carpark. This was despair at the news, fury at the intransigence of those who are meant to be leading us through this, heartbreak at the fact the bloke who gave me the injection had been at work since 8am and had only had a half hour break in 12 hours and was visible knackered but was still trying so hard to be jolly and kind.

It didn't have to be like this, with hundreds of thousands of avoidable deaths, NHS staff pushed beyond endurance, and cases sky-rocketing again. It feels like being trapped in a never-ending nightmare because of people's selfishness, greed, impatience and stupidity.

I should be glad I'm treble-jabbed but I'm just worn out.

Today's Photo: Tempus Fugit



No comments: